No products in the cart.
Who doesn’t love tacos? They’re easy to make, delicious and filling. Here’s a quick and simple vegan taco recipe. Serves 2-3 (depending on how many tacos you can eat!). Ready in 25 minutes or less.
- 1 Bag of Gardein Beefless Ground (link here)
- 12 Crunchy taco shells
- 1/3 Spanish onion
- 1/2 Green pepper
- 1/2 Red pepper
- 1 Small lime
- Mild salsa
- Olive oil (canola or vegetable oil will work fine too)
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Dried basil
- Chili flakes
Preparation & Cooking
– Chop the onion and peppers into small pieces. Cut the lime into wedges.
– Put some oil and the Gardein Beefless Ground into a pan and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes. If the Beefless Ground is still stuck together make sure to break it up. Mix occasionally.
– At around the 3 minute mark, mix in some black pepper, garlic powder, chili flakes, dried basil and some salt. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes. The Beefless Ground absorbs a lot of oil so add some more if the surface of the pan seems too dry.
– At the 5 minute mark mix in the chopped up peppers (not the onions). Continue cooking and mixing occasionally for another 3-5 minutes until the Beefless Ground is browned.
– Time to fill the tacos. You can scoop the Beefless Ground and peppers into the taco shells directly from the pan. Then add the chopped up onions on top. Top them off with some salsa and a nice squeeze of lime juice.
That’s all there is to it! The combination of spicy flavors and lime juice make for an awesomely tasty vegan taco recipe.
If you like this recipe we invite you to subscribe to our newsletter. You’ll receive more delicious vegan recipe ideas just like this one, vegan product reviews and more!