No products in the cart.
Do you love vegan quesadillas? Well then you’ll enjoy this healthy and delicious recipe! Quesadillas were my go-to order at a Mexican restaurant. Cheesy, spicy, and always flavorful, they paired perfectly with sides of creamy guacamole and salsa. I used to drool over the stretchiness of the cheese, as well as the crispness of the tortilla crust.
Of course, given my love for this delicious dish, I was determined to find a great vegan quesadilla recipe that possessed all the qualities of the typical mouthwatering quesadilla – cheesiness, flavor, and spiciness included!
This recipe makes two veggie-packed and filling quesadillas that will leave you in awe :). Enjoy with fresh guacamole and salsa. Trust me – after indulging in this Mexican delight, you will be left satisfied, yet yearning for more!
INGREDIENTS (SERVES TWO)
Two 9″ tortilla breads (I use Indian Life Spinach Tortillas)
½ cup vegan shredded cheese, such as Daiya Montogomery Jack vegan cheese shreds
1 Green pepper, sliced thin
1 cup corn niblets
1 Tomato, diced
1 cup canned black beans
1 cup arugula
Hot sauce, to taste
Chopped cilantro, to taste (optional)
Juice of lime, to taste (optional)
1. Slice green peppers and dice tomatoes. Set aside.
2. Place each tortilla on a large plate.
3. Add black beans onto one half of each tortilla. Next, use a banana crusher to crush the black beans into a chunky paste. Add the hot sauce and then the corn to the same half.
4. Sprinkle vegan cheese onto the other half of each tortilla and add tomatoes, peppers, and arugula on top.
5. Fold the half with beans over top of the other half. Heat a large skillet on medium heat and place the quesadilla on the skillet. Let heat for five minutes or until crispy and slightly browned on one side.
6. Use a spatula to flip the tortilla, and heat again for an additional five minutes. Remove the quesadilla from the range and slide it carefully onto a plate.
7. Using a large knife, cut the quesadilla into four triangular pieces. Serve hot.
These quesadillas taste best when served hot with sides of guacamole and salsa to dip. Enjoy!
If you liked these awesome vegan quesadillas we invite you to subscribe to our newsletter. You’ll receive lots of delicious vegan recipe ideas, vegan product reviews and more!