No products in the cart.
It’s summer – the best time to explore the outdoors, go for a swim, or simply relax in the sun. My favorite thing to do during this hot season is to walk along the waterfront. I have fond memories of soaking up the sun while indulging in a heaping cone of fruity ice cream. At the end of a long summer day, enjoying a cold treat is a must. Creamy, cool, and delicious, ice cream is the usual pick. However, your typical ice cream shop desserts will often leave you feeling bloated, heavy, and possibly a bit guilty. Eating ice cream every day is certainly not a healthy or sustainable habit…or is it? Eating this strawberry kiwi vegan ice cream definitely is!
This vegan ice cream is dairy free, refined sugar free, and gluten free. The banana base adds a creamy texture to the dessert while still keeping it light and fresh. Trust me, you won’t be able to tell the difference between this healthy treat and regular ice cream!
Strawberry Kiwi is such an artful flavor combination. The tartness of the strawberry beautifully complements the sweetness of the kiwi. If you are not a fan of this particular flavor, I encourage you to try one of the following flavor options:
- Strawberry Banana
- Blueberry Chocolate Chip (I use Enjoy Life Dairy Free Chocolate Chips)
- Coconut Lime (coconut milk, desiccated coconut, lime juice)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk (I use Enjoy Life Dairy Free Chocolate Chunks)
- Sweet Potato Cinnamon (steamed sweet potato, raisins, cinnamon to taste)
I haven’t tried the above combinations yet, but if you do, let me know what you think of them in the comments!
3 large strawberries, chopped and left in freezer for about 3 hours
1 kiwi fruit, chopped and left in freezer for about 3 hours
1 banana, left in freezer for about 3 hours
NOTE: you will need a blender
- Remove bananas from freezer and pulse into blender mixture. Blend until creamy. This is your base. If you choose to make a different flavour of ice cream, make modifications to the steps that follow.
- Pulse in strawberries and kiwi, until well mixed but still slightly lumpy.
- OPTIONAL: Add 2-3 tbsp maple syrup, agave, or other liquid sweetener to taste. Adjust for desired sweetness.
- Serve immediately. If there are leftovers, store in the freezer and re-blend when ready to serve. Makes a single serving.
Vegan ice cream really does satisfy the sweet tooth. I like to top mine with some whipped coconut cream and fresh fruit for an extra treat. The ingredients in this recipe are so healthy that it can even be eaten with breakfast or later in the day as a refreshing snack. Enjoy!
If you liked this delicious vegan ice cream recipe we invite you to subscribe to our newsletter. You’ll receive more vegan recipe ideas, vegan product reviews and more!